ASUS Launches ZenFone 3 Deluxe
ASUS new elite smartphone debuts with numerous “World’s Firsts”
World’s first full aluminum alloy body smartphone with beautifully minimalist, Zen-inspired “invisible antenna” design
- World’s first smartphone equipped with highest resolution, 23-megapixel Sony IMX 318 camera sensor
- 3CA wireless connectivity and 2X2 MIMO Wi-Fi antennas
Today, ASUS announced the launch of ZenFone 3 Deluxe that is part of the new ZenFone 3 series, and the “flagship” model of the range. ZenFone 3 Deluxe features the highest specification components among the ZenFone 3 series models, and is the ultimate expression of ASUS smartphone design. It is the ideal smartphone for uncompromising, discerning buyers who want the very best performance and features.
World’s first full aluminum alloy body smartphone with “invisible antenna” design
ZenFone 3 Deluxe features an incredibly slim and elegant, full-metal unibody chassis which is the world’s first with an “invisible antenna” design. Its body is milled from a single block of aluminum alloy without the typical antenna bands that stretch the width of other smartphones which claim a unibody construction.
Other design details include its finely sandblasted surface that makes it smooth to the touch, and shiny metallic diamond cut edges which add to its stylish appearance. The slim bezel around the display gives ZenFone 3 Deluxe a very high 79% screen-to-body ratio, so users get the minimal body size for the smartphone’s generous display size. ZenFone 3 Deluxe is also the first ASUS smartphone to feature a fingerprint sensor that is conveniently located below the camera lens on the phone’s rear panel for rapid unlocking and authentication. ZenFone 3 Deluxe is available in two sophisticated colors befitting of its elite status: Icicle gold and titanium gray.
ZenFone 3 Deluxe features the world’s first aluminum alloy unibody with an “invisible antenna” design
World’s first smartphone to feature Qualcomm’s latest 2.4GHz Snapdragon 821 Processor
ZenFone 3 Deluxe is the world’s first smartphone to be powered by Qualcomm’s brand new, top-of-the-line Snapdragon 820 octa-core processor which has a faster clock speed. This powerful processor is mated to an Adreno 530 graphics processing unit (GPU), 6GB of RAM, , 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi antennas and 64GBstorage ROM to deliver the best performance and fast connectivity.
World’s first smartphone with 6GB RAM and 256GB UFS 2.0 storage ROM
ZenFone 3 Deluxe features 6GB of RAM – the highest amount found in any smartphone currently available. This gives the ZenFone 3 Deluxe the power to rapidly load and smoothly run even the most demanding games and multiple apps simultaneously. This is the highest amount of non-volatile storage for a smartphone, and matches that of many notebook computers. This high amount of ROM allows ZenFone 3 Deluxe to store vast amounts of high quality content like 30 uncompressed Full HD movies of about 7GB each or 100,000 23MP photos averaging about 2.5MB each. Furthermore, ZenFone 3 Deluxe can have its already-huge storage space further expanded via a hybrid slot for a micro SD card in its second SIM slot if there is no SIM card inserted.
World’s first smartphone with highest resolution, 23-megapixel Sony IMX 318 camera sensor
ZenFone 3 Deluxe raises the bar for mobile photography, being the world’s first smartphone to feature the latest Sony Exmor RS IMX318 image sensor with its incredible 23MP resolution, a large f/2.0 aperture lens, and 4-axis optical image stabilization for high-resolution, blur-free, and low-noise photos in almost any lighting condition. It also features 3-axis electronic image stabilization for steady 4K UHD videos. Coupled with an ASUS TriTech autofocus system that automatically selects 2nd generation laser, phase detection, or continuous autofocus to provide accurate and nearly instant 0.03-second focusing and subject tracking, as well as exclusive PixelMaster 3.0 technology, ZenFone 3 Deluxe captures truly stunning photos and videos.
Empowering users to take better smartphone photos was a critical design factor of the new ZenFone 3 series. In this respect, the ASUS PixelMaster 3.0 camera of ZenFone 3 Deluxe is packed with features that help its users focus faster in any environment and shoot clearer, more color-accurate photos.
ZenFone 3 Deluxe camera’s high resolution enables it to zoom in clearly, or create incredibly detailed full-resolution photos that can then be printed onto very large photo media or cropped in post processing with minimal detail loss compared to smartphones with lower resolutions. The sensor also enables it to shoot smooth and detailed 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution videos.
ZenFone 3 Deluxe also debuts with a new “TriTech” autofocus system that combines ASUS’ proprietary software with 1) conventional contrast detection for continuous focus), as well as 2) high performance 2nd gen laser that reaches 1.5 meters – or about 3x conventional laser range and 3) phase detection systems for extremely rapid 0.03 second autofocus in any environment. The advanced system is also able to achieve continuous autofocus on moving subjects.
Other advanced PixelMaster technologies of ZenFone 3 Deluxe include following:
- Color Correction Sensor – A sensor that detects the lighting in the scene and automatically adjusts colors in the photo to look natural and accurate
- 4-axis photo OIS – PixelMaster 3.0’s optical image stabilization (OIS) system detects and eliminates shakes caused by hand movements by moving the sensor to compensate. This enables the photographer to use shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower, and results in sharper photos – especially in low light environments.
- 3-axis video EIS – This electronic image stabilization (EIS) system which automatically detects and corrects shaking motion in videos using an advanced software algorithm.
- Super Resolution Mode – This mode creates ultra-high resolution, 92MP photos by capturing and combining four native 23MP photos to create a single image of with exceptional 4X of clarity with greater detail and less noise.
- Low light mode – This mode increases the light sensitivity of the sensor by up to 400% by combining four neighboring pixels on the sensor into a single one with greater light sensitivity, allowing photos to be shot in low light conditions without the harsh, overpowering light of a flash.
- Comprehensive preset modes – ZenFone 3 Deluxe’s camera provides a comprehensive collection of pre-set modes that optimize it to shoot in just about any environment and any subject. Highlights include special effect filters, a miniature mode that makes subjects appear like mini toy figures, automated unwanted element removal, an automated beautification mode for human portraits as well as an automated time-lapse mode.
- Professional manual creative controls – These professional creative settings give ZenFone 3 Deluxe’s photographers a professional camera’s ability to change settings like white balance, Exposure Value (EV), ISO sensitivity, shutter speed and focus. This makes each it a powerful tool for learning the fundamental skills of photography, and allowing users to creatively shoot scenes in many different interpretations.
ZenFone 3’s display is composed of a 5.7-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Super AMOLED panel. It is the only model of the new ZenFone 3 series to feature a Super AMOLED screen which gives it a very high contrast ratio of 3,000,000:1 – making images look very crisp and sharp against deep black backgrounds. The Super AMOLED display is also extremely color accurate, being able to cover 100% of the NTSC color space. The screen is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 4, which offers twice the drop resistance and over twice the overall strength of the last generation of Gorilla Glass.
Matching ZenFone 3 Deluxe’s impressive display is its class-leading audio capability. ZenFone 3 Deluxe features an incredibly powerful speaker that has a 5-magnet construction. This speaker is driven by a “smart” amplifier made by mobile audio experts NXP which not only makes it extremely loud and clear, but also protects the speakers from damage. Through the headphone jack, the audio output of ZenFone 3 is also Hi-Res Audio (HRA) certified and is able to deliver a high bitrate of 24-bit/192-kHz for crystal clear sound when paired with HRA certified earphones.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
The ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe will be having an exclusive pre-order on https://www.hachi.tech/asus-zenfone-3-deluxe in Singapore on 8 December 2016 at 12PM sharp. Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe is available with 64GB LTE and in Silver and Gold. Pre-order promotion is get FREE ASUS RT-AC88U (worth $429) for the First 88 customer who purchases ZenFone 3 Deluxe (with completed payment). *while stocks last, promo ends 12 Dec 2016.
For Telcos, StarHub and M1 will be announcing their price plans and launching Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe on 17th December (on-shelf date)
Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe will be available in all ASUS brand stores and selected superstores.
Please contact your local ASUS representative for further information.