ASUS Announces ZenFone 3 Ultra
Unrivaled multimedia smartphone designed for unlimited immersive entertainment features several world’s-first innovations.
- Every aspect is designed for an immersive mobile multimedia experience
- World’s first smartphone with a 4K UHD TV-grade video processor has a 6.8-inch Full HD display and ASUS Tru2Life+ for the ultimate video playback
- Class-leading audio with 5-magnet stereo speakers, NXP smart amp, Hi-Res Audio & world’s first smartphone implementation of DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround
- Massive 4600mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 charges to 60% in 45 minutes and also functions as a power bank
Singapore (26th August 2016) — ASUS today announced ZenFone 3 Ultra, a multimedia-focused model in the new ZenFone 3 Series that unleashes the most immersive entertainment experience possible on a smartphone, bringing endless possibilities to music, video and game lovers worldwide.
Every aspect of the stunningly crafted ZenFone 3 Ultra is designed for audiovisual entertainment, from the clear and bright 6.8-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) display — the largest in the ZenFone 3 Series — to the powerful dual-speaker ASUS SonicMaster 3.0 sound system. ZenFone 3 Ultra is the world’s first smartphone to use a 4K UHD TV-grade video processor, and is also the first smartphone to feature DTS Headphone:X virtual 7.1-channel surround-sound support.
ZenFone 3 Ultra has a unibody design crafted from premium aerospace-grade aluminum alloy, and is the world’s first all-metal smartphone with an invisible antenna.
Realistic visual experiences
ZenFone 3 Ultra’s 6.8-inch Full HD (1920 by 1080) IPS display and wide 95% NTSC color gamut — 30% better than the average smartphone screen — provides a fantastic picture for immersive entertainment experiences and everyday use. With ZenFone 3 Ultra, everything looks as vibrant as real life, enabling users to enjoy movies, games and other multimedia with a more immersive, TV-like experience. The generous screen area also makes other content like documents, maps and web pages much easier and more pleasant to navigate and read. The display is covered by tough Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4, which offers twice the drop resistance and over twice the overall strength of the last generation of Gorilla Glass.
ZenFone 3 Ultra features exclusive ASUS Tru2Life+ video processing technology, which harnesses the power of the world’s first smartphone-based 4K UHD TV-grade video processor to analyze every pixel and optimize it for contrast and clarity. Tru2Life+ technology also applies a blur reduction technology called “Motion Estimation/Motion Compensation” (MEMC) to make videos smoother.
Further enhancing ZenFone 3 Ultra’s multimedia prowess is its ability to be connected to a TV or monitor via its USB Type-C (USB-C) port. It can output video (via VGA and HDMI adapters) in Full HD resolution at a very fast and smooth frame rate of 60fps. ZenFone 3 Ultra is also one of the world’s first smartphones to offer DisplayPort video output via the USB-C port.
Impressive audio, inside and out
Matching ZenFone 3 Ultra’s impressive video output is its class-leading audio capability. ZenFone 3 Ultra features incredibly powerful dual five-magnet speakers, driven by an NXP smart amplifier. This not only makes them extremely loud and clear, but also protects the speakers from damage.
The audio output of ZenFone 3 Ultra is Hi-Res Audio (HRA)-certified and is able to deliver a high bitrate of 24-bit/192-kHz for crystal-clear sound when paired with HRA-certified earphones. The smartphone is also the world’s first to offer DTS Headphone:X virtual 7.1-channel surround-sound technology that simulates the surround-sound effects of a cinema to give the ultimate mobile movie-watching experience. A set of premium HRA-certified and DTS-tuned ZenEar S earbuds — our best ever in-box earphones — is also included with ZenFone 3 Ultra.
Despite its large screen size, ZenFone 3 Ultra features an incredibly slim and elegant full-metal unibody chassis — the first in the world to have no unsightly antenna lines. Its finely sandblasted surface makes it smooth to the touch, and brilliant metal diamond-cut edges add to the stylish appearance. The ultra-slim bezel around the display gives ZenFone 3 Ultra an extremely high 79% screen-to-body ratio, ensuring the smallest possible body size for a 6.8-inch display.
Finely sandblasted all-aluminum-alloy unibody with invisible antenna
Capturing reality, fast and steady
ZenFone 3 Ultra raises the bar for mobile photography with its ASUS PixelMaster 3.0 camera, the world’s first smartphone camera to feature the 23MP Sony Exmor RS™ IMX318 image sensor. It has a bright f/2.0 wide-aperture lens, combined with four-axis optical image stabilization (OIS) that eliminates shakes caused by hand movements and enables the use of shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower than traditional smartphone cameras.
This superb combination of premium components enables ZenFone 3 Ultra to capture incredible high-resolution, blur-free, and low-noise photos in almost any lighting conditions. The camera’s high resolution enables users to zoom in on subjects clearly and capture detailed photos that can be printed at large sizes or cropped in post processing with minimal loss of detail compared to smartphones with lower resolutions. The camera can also capture stunningly-detailed 4K UHD (3840 by 2160) resolution videos, with three-axis electronic image stabilization (EIS) technology to ensure the results are rock-steady and shake-free.
ZenFone 3 Ultra also features the new and exclusive ASUS TriTech auto-focus system that automatically selects the best focusing method: second-generation laser, phase detection, or continuous contrast-detection autofocus for near-instant 0.03-second focusing and subject tracking. The laser auto-focus system focuses on subjects at a distance of up to 1.5 meters — which is about three times the distance of conventional laser auto-focus systems.
Other advanced PixelMaster 3.0 technology features include:
- Color-correction sensor — A sensor detects the lighting in the scene and automatically adjusts colors in the photo to look natural and accurate.
- Super Resolution mode — This mode creates ultra-high resolution, 92MP photos by capturing and combining four native 23MP photos to create a single image with exceptional clarity, greater detail, and less noise.
- Low Light mode — Increases the light sensitivity of the image sensor by up to 400% by combining four neighboring pixels on the sensor into a single one with greater light sensitivity, allowing photos to be shot in low-light conditions without the harsh, overpowering light of a flash.
- Comprehensive preset modes — A collection of preset modes enables optimized shooting of almost any subject in any environment. Highlights include special-effects filters, Miniature mode to mimic tilt-shift photography to make subjects appear like miniature toy figures, automated unwanted element removal, the automated Beautification mode for capturing attractive portraits, and an automated time-lapse mode.
- Professional manual creative controls — These settings give keen photographers advanced control of ZenFone 3 Ultra’s camera, giving them the ability to change settings like white balance, exposure value (EV), ISO sensitivity, shutter speed, and focus. This makes it a powerful tool for learning the fundamental skills of photography and allows users to shoot scenes with many different creative interpretations.
Powerful processor, massive storage
ZenFone 3 Ultra is the world’s first smartphone to be powered by the fast new Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 652 octa-core processor. This is mated to an Adreno™ 510 graphics processing unit (GPU) and a generous 4GB of RAM. Together, these give ZenFone 3 Ultra the power to smoothly run even the most demanding games. As for storage, ZenFone 3 Ultra offers a generous internal capacity of up to 128GB as well as a hybrid slot for a micro SD card if a second SIM is not used.
Multifunction monster battery
ZenFone 3 Ultra’s 4600mAh battery is one of the highest-capacity power packs in any smartphone, and gives the smartphone outstanding on-the-go autonomy including a real-world standby time of up to 17 days on 3G, up to 34 hours talk time, up to 14.5 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, and up to 12.5 hours of video playback. The battery also supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology that allows it to be charged to 60% in under 45 minutes or provide an hour of talk time in with a two-minute charge.
ZenFone 3 Ultra can also be used as a power bank for charging other devices. With a high 1.5-amp output current, it is able to charge devices about three times (3X) faster than conventional chargers.
Ultimate features, unrivaled convenience
ZenFone 3 Ultra features dual-SIM capability for on-the-go convenience when traveling. Each SIM slot supports up to 4G LTE SIMs, although only a single 4G LTE service can be active at any time. The second SIM slot can also be used an SD Card reader.
For secure authentication and rapid unlocking of the device, ZenFone 3 Ultra has a fingerprint sensor that can register up to five separate fingerprints.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
ASUS ZenFone 3 Ultra will be available at SGD $778 (without contract) from 27-Aug 2016 all ASUS Authorized resellers and ASUS Brand Stores.
Please contact your local ASUS representative for further information.
List of shops of availability:
- Best Denki
- Gain City
ASUS concept stores
- SIM LIM Square: 1 Rochor Canal Road, Sim Lim Square #01-52, Singapore 188504
- Cause way point: 1 woodland square, causeway point #03-11 Singapore 738099
- Marina Square: 6 raffles boulevard, Marina Square #02-261 to 267 Singapore 039594
*Enjoy Early Bird Special Promotion for ZenFone 3 with 3’Mendous Package. The 3’Mendous Package offers premium giveaway worth SGD $107
(consists of 1 x ZenPower Power Bank, 1 x Zen3 Original Flip Cover and 1 x USB Type C Cable)
|Challenger||313 Orchard Road, #04-01/02 [email protected] Singapore 238895||6339 9008|
|Newstead||6 RAFFLES BOULEVARD, MARINA SQUARE (#02-261 to 267), Singapore 039594||6358 3997|
|Best Denki||1 HarbourFront Walk #02 -07 VivoCity. Singapore 098585||6276 6636|
|Gain City||71 Sungei Kadut Drive, 729577 point 1||6899 1212|
3’Mendous Package is available only at the outlets below. *while stocks last
|ASUS ZenFone 3 Ultra (ZU680KL)
 Specifications, content and product availability are all subject to change without notice and may differ from country to country. Actual performance may vary depending on applications, usage, environment and other factors. Full specifications are available at http://www.asus.com