Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We fixed the bug causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and also preventing any app updates from the Store from working. Thank you all for sending us feedback around this.
- We fixed the bug causing background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive’s camera roll sync feature. Background tasks should be working again as expected and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive again.
- We fixed the issue where in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost if your device experiences an unexpected reboot.
- Speech Packs should download and install normally.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders with certain cars resulting in connection failures after pairing Bluetooth.
- We fixed an issue where replacing the default APN for LTE on the phone wouldn’t work.
Known issues for PC
The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.UPDATE 3/21: The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this build is now live. You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted. These will go live later this week.UPDATE 3/21: All additional language packs should now be available.
- If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
See this forum post for more details.
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
Known issues for Mobile
- Updating from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) directly to this build won’t work. There will be an extra hop required to get to this build. If you use WDRT to go re-flash your device and join the Fast ring, you will not be offered this build and instead offered Build 15055. Once you’re on Build 15055, your device will find Build 15063 and take the update then.
- Some users are reporting that pages are constantly reloading or refreshing, especially while they are in the middle of scrolling them in Microsoft Edge. We’re investigating.
- ADDED 3/21: If you get a “Restart your phone before you can start getting Insider Preview builds” notification after updating to this build – do not restart your phone and see this forum post!