Upgrading to Windows 10 and the adapter only detect a 2.4 GHz band, but unable to detect 5 GHz signals.
To resolve the issue after upgrading to Windows 10 – Follow the step below to resolve the 5 GHz connection.
Download: USB-N53 – Windows 10
- Uninstall previous ASUS USB-N53 driver
- Install the USB-N53 driver from the above link
- Open Device Manager
- Open Network adapters > Right click USB-N53
- Select Properties > Driver > Update Driver
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Choose the ones with RALink driver
- Press Next
- Reboot your computer and your computer should be able to detect 5 GHz band.